Monday, March 15, 2010

John 6:16-21

When evening came, His disciples went down to the sea, got into a boat and started across the sea to Capernaum. It was now dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them. The sea became rough because a strong wind was blowing. When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and coming near the boat, and they were frightened. But He said to them, "It is I; do not be afraid." They were glad to take Him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land to which they were going.
John 6: 16-21

I have read this account in John, of Jesus walking on water, many times in my life. Though (I suspect because of my unregenerate heart for many of those years), until recently I had not noticed the last part of that passage that explained that once Jesus was in the boat, the boat arrived at its destination immediately. Amazing! Two miracles in one short passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was a beautiful, unseasonably warm April day in Minnesota. The thermometer hit 81 degrees. I also had an unusual amount of energy for ...