Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Evangelism

I like Halloween time for evangelism. People come to your door and ask for things and take what you give them. There is no other time of year that this happens!

For the last several years, Greg and I have made a point of making this a ministry night in our home. Here's what we are doing this year:
  • Full size candy bars. Our philosophy: Be generous just as we have had great generosity shown to us. Side note: Kids remember the house that gives the big candy bars and they come back, with friends.
  • Business card from our church taped to the back of the candy bar with a label that reads: "This is our church. We invite you to visit sometime."
  • Gospel tracts to go with every candy bar. I'm a big fan of the tracts from "Living Waters" ministry. This year I'm using the cartoon "Are you a good person?" tract.
  • "Why Christianity?" video for the older children and teenagers who come to our door. It's a great evangelistic message in a DVD format. It's available through "Living Waters" ministry and, when bought in bulk, can be purchased at a discount rate.

With those tips in mind I say, "Happy Halloween Evangelizing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...