Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Book Binding Tip

Today I will pass on a book tip to the masses (or the 5 or so people who occasionally read this blog). If you are a continuous reader of books, as I am, occasionally you will run into a book that you read over and over and want to recommend to others or want to study further in conjuction with studying the Bible. If this book you have found is paperback, I find it helpful to bring the book to an office supply store (like Office Max) or a copy center (like Kinkos) and have a spiral binding put on the book. This can be done for the cost of $3.00-$4.00 per book. This will allow you to open the book flat or completely flip the book around and study (and write in if desired) one page at a time. A few wise women in my life have passed this tip onto me, and I've found it very useful (especially when studying a book in conjuction with a Bible Study--one that that you will be returning to for months). When I run into a real "keeper" of a book, I invest in this extra step (just did it tonight as a matter of fact with Lies Young Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free).

2 comments:

  1. Good tip.

    I've been reading "Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free." Is the "young women" version much different?

    One of the masses,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read "Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free" yet (but I would like to). I started with the young women version because I'm reading it with my 14-year-old niece. I just completed it last night, and I've been very impressed with it. It is very much geared to the younger generation though, so I am interested in reading the one focused on an adult mindset as well.

    How are you finding the book so far?

    ReplyDelete

Today was a beautiful, unseasonably warm April day in Minnesota. The thermometer hit 81 degrees. I also had an unusual amount of energy for ...