Monday, October 12, 2009

Cookie Baking Night 10/12/09



Tonight was cookie baking night. Emily, Ethan, and Carissa were in attendance. We made pumpkin bars.
Tonight we got back to our project of learning the books of the Bible. We practiced the first 10 books of the Old Testament and learned how many books are in the whole Bible (66) and how many in the Old Testament (39) and New Testament (27) each.
The evening also included supper (pizza, a favorite), a Bible story, and lots of coloring pictures.
A grand time was had by all.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Very nice!

    I used to run Ethan through the first few books of the OT, adding one a week for a while. I think I got him as far as Ruth (the 8th, I believe), and Carissa joined in and got up to Leviticus.

    Tasty pumpkin bars, too, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan mentioned that to me, and that's exactly how far Ethan got on his own (through Ruth). Good job, Dad! Way to instruct your children! Your work paid off. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Today was a beautiful, unseasonably warm April day in Minnesota. The thermometer hit 81 degrees. I also had an unusual amount of energy for ...