Thursday, October 6, 2011

Prone to Wander

I was listening to Revive Our Hearts Radio program the other day, to a show titled “Prone to Wander”. I transcribed a small part of the program (that I felt was worthy of quoting) so I could share it with you on the blog today. It is as follows:

In commenting on the evil of idolatry, Nancy Leigh DeMoss said: This is no small matter to God. We need to see our sin as evil in the sight of the Lord. How does He view it compared to the standard of His awesome holiness? Every sin is evil in the sight of the Lord.

I received an e-mail from a woman this week stating: “My husband and I have just gone through some major transitions with our finances, which were holding our whole family in bondage. As God freed us from the bondage in the financial area, it became apparent to me that I have switched bondages from money to food. I think about it constantly. I shop for food whether we need it or not under the pretense of it being on sale. I hide food in my bedroom drawers. When you said that we should have nothing in our lives that holds us back from God, I realized how wrong I have been.”

We will never get freedom from bondage and idolatry if we do not come to see it as evil in the sight of the Lord. The Apostle John says in 1 John 5:21 “Little children [covenant people] keep yourselves from idols.” Keep yourselves from idols.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...