Sunday, April 24, 2011

Resurrection Sunday 04/24/11

What the world knows as Easter, we know as Resurrection Sunday. He is risen! He is risen indeed! May we live today in the knowledge of the truth of this glorious gospel message.

I offer for your consideration the words from the song "My Jesus Fair" (by Chris Anderson and Greg Habegger).

My Jesus fair, was pierced by thorns
By thorns grown from the fall
Thus He who gave the curse was torn
To end that curse for all

My Jesus meek, was scorned by men
By men in blasphemy
"Father, forgive their senseless sin!"
He prayed for them, for me

My Jesus kind, was torn by nails
By nails of cruel men
And to His cross as grace prevailed
God pinned my wretched sin

My Jesus pure, was crushed by God
By God, in judgment just
The Father grieved, yet turned his rod
On Christ, made sin for us

My Jesus strong, shall come to reign
To reign in majesty
The Lamb arose, and death is slain
Lord, come in victory!

Chorus

O love divine, O matchless grace
That God should die for men!
With joyful grief I lift my praise,
Abhorring all my sin, adoring only Him.

1 comment:

  1. "My Jesus kind, was torn by nails
    By nails of cruel men
    And to His cross as grace prevailed
    God pinned my wretched sin"

    Could we ever give Him enough gratitude and glory? AMAZING GRACE!

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...