Saturday, April 23, 2011

Evangelism Focus 04/23/11

On the heels of a very busy week, I knew today would be spent running errands. I didn't want that time to be gospel-less (especially on the day before Easter), so I made up several "Easter packs". They contained a note from me, a gospel tract (the one I wrote), and a couple pieces of candy contained in a Ziploc bag with a flower sticker on it. Many people spent the day running errands and preparing for a holiday about which they know not the true meaning. I wanted to put the gospel in their hands if at all possible. I encourage you to try something like this around Easter and Christmas. Everyone seems to be willing to accept a greeting and a token around the holidays. This might work better for the ladies. I just packed my purse with them and handed one out every time I had a transaction with a clerk in a store and whenever the opportunity presented itself in the parking lot to and from the store. The "Easter packs" are pictured below.


Here's the text from the note I included in each pack:

Did you know that Easter is about more than colored eggs and candy? Easter is celebrated because it is the day that Jesus rose from he dead. His life and death were predicted (in the Bible) hundreds of years before he was born.

In the book of Isaiah, it reads, "Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows, yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned--every one-- to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity [sin] of us all." (Isaiah 53:4-6).

I have provided for you a gospel tract with a little more information about this event in history and its ramifications. I simply ask that you consider this information today and ask yourself, "Is it true?" If it isn't true, then reject it. If it is true, then it demands a response.

Thank you for taking the time to read this today. Happy Easter! May it be your best one ever.


1 comment:

  1. Nice. Real nice. Praising God for your efforts to "seek and save that which is lost" in the simplest, yet most meaningful ways. Carry on for the Lord! Amen! :)

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 7th treatment of Taxol. I'm over the hump now. Only 5 left to go. Usually I have a couple good days right before I have che...