Monday, April 11, 2011

Cookie Baking Night 04/11/11

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening were Ethan and Carissa. We made spring bird nests. We also went on our first walk of the season (it was a beautiful Minnesota evening). We read from Leading Little Ones to God: A Child's Book of Bible Teachings. Tonight we read lesson 44 titled "The Holy Spirit Has a Special Work". Ethan read Acts 2:1-8 for us.
Here's the recipe for Spring Bird Nests:
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 bag chow mien noodles
Colored candy eggs
Melt the butterscotch chips, choc chips, and p-nut butter in the microwave until smooth. Add chow mien noodles. Mix until well coated. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto waxed paper. Decorate with candy eggs. Chill to set. Enjoy!
HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE FROM OUR HOME TO YOURS!

Cookie Baking Night side note:
At supper time, Ethan asked how many fluid ounces were in the cups from which we were drinking. I guessed 8 ounces. Soon after this question, Greg produced a digital scale (much to Ethan's delight). I believe Ethan's cup contained 8.6 ounces of fluid. Greg challenged him to get it down to 4 ounces, which he managed to do sip by sip weighing the cup along the way. It was good uncle-nephew bonding time. I do believe I see some "Uncle Greg" in young Ethan, as he loves to know how things work and seems to enjoy "all things digital".

1 comment:

  1. Great teaching time.I love what you and Greg do with your time with the children very interesting.great job on the nesting..and the time of sharing the reading is so Great..

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 7th treatment of Taxol. I'm over the hump now. Only 5 left to go. Usually I have a couple good days right before I have che...