Monday, December 14, 2009

Who Is He in Yonder Stall?

Last night there was a Christmas hymn service at church. It was a Christ-honoring service and a joy to attend. We sang Who Is He in Yonder Stall? This is a new song to me, and I was struck by the words as it describes Christ's birth, life, death, resurrection, and reign as king of all. So I thought I would share the words of the song with you:

Verse 1:
Who is He in yonder stall, at whose feet the shepherds fall?
Who is He in deep distress, fasting in the wilderness?

Verse 2:
Who is He the people bless for His words of gentleness?
Who is He to whom they bring all the sick and sorrowing?

Verse 3:
Who is He that stands and weeps at the grave where Lazarus sleeps?
Who is He the gathering throng greet with loud triumphant song?

Verse 4:
Lo at midnight, who is He who prays in dark Gethsemane?
Who is He on yonder tree dies in grief and agony?

Verse 5:
Who is He that from the grave comes to heal and help and save?
Who is He that from His throne rules through all the world alone?

Chorus:
Tis the Lord! O wondrous story!
Tis the Lord! The kind of glory!
At His feet we humbly fall
Crown Him! Crown Him, Lord of all!

1 comment:

  1. Singing this song was wonderfully joyful and very full of emotion for me! I was overcome with awe, sadness, and then profound joy which caused the tears to flow! I am so glad that you shared the words on your blog. I tried to find a good performance on youtube today and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwKdCUKBJeI was pretty good.
    We serve such a loving God and wonderful Savior.
    May Christ be the focus always, but especially during this Christmas season.
    Merry Christmas and thank you for faithfully proclaiming the name of Jesus!
    Your sister in Christ,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 10th treatment of Taxol, only 2 more to go. Oddly, I had a small reaction to the pre-med of Benadryl this time around, which I&...