Monday, December 21, 2009

Sweet Fellowship

Last night we had our church over to our house for the church Christmas gathering. Our church is a plant off another church and still somewhat in the beginning stages, so we're small and, at this point, able to fit into one house. At one point in the evening, my friend asked me, "If someone said to you three years ago that you would have the whole church over for a gathering in your home, would you have believed it?" I would have found that hard to believe (or certainly to fathom), but something else surprises me about this situation. I think if someone would have told me three years ago that some day I would belong to a church that felt like my family, I would have found that hard to believe. If they would have said, "One day you will enjoy sweet fellowship with believers who hunger and thirst after God's Word and in turn seek to live a life that reflects that desire", I would have said, "Get out of town".

But, alas, God is good, and that does exist at Bible Baptist Church to the praise of His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 10th treatment of Taxol, only 2 more to go. Oddly, I had a small reaction to the pre-med of Benadryl this time around, which I&...