Monday, September 9, 2013

Cookie Baking Night 09/09/13

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Emily and Alli. Tonight the request was for a Sesame Street Cookie, so what better character for the occasion than Cookie Monster?


Due to some road construction on the way home, I was the last one to arrive at Cookie Baking Night this evening, so things were running a little behind schedule. While I prepared supper, Emily and Alli sat at the kitchen table and colored a Cookie Monster headband. 




After supper, we commenced with the cookie decorating (I pre-baked the sugar cookies due to time constraints, used a small flower cookie cutter shape). We used a "grass" tip on the pastry bag, which made the frosting come out looking like fur. The girls loved it! 


I found the recipe/instructions at this blog site (oddly enough, a blog titled Katrina's Kitchen). I made a few adjustments to the recipe since my decorators were an all-kid crew, and I think we came up with a pretty cute product in the end. 



We also had time to read from God's Names by Sally Micheal. Tonight we learned the name Jehovah-Sabaoth meaning The LORD of Hosts (hosts meaning armies). My favorite line in this lesson was the ending line: "We can see and think about all the big, scary, sad, and hard things. Or we can see and think about Jehovah-Sabaoth. It takes faith to see God as big and other things as little. It takes believing that God is Jehovah-Sabaoth." Definitely something Aunt Katrina needed to hear tonight. There are things for both the young and the old to learn at Cookie Baking Nights. 

We ended the evening with a lively game of Zingo. And, as usual, a fun time was had by all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...