Friday, May 6, 2011

Evangelism Focus 05/06/11

In this evangelism focus post, I'd like to spend a little time reflecting on the evolution (if I may use that word) of evangelism in my life in the last three years or so.

First, I am grateful that God took this undeserving sinner and regenerated her heart. Upon doing so, He planted a desire for evangelism in me that is nothing short of a miracle (shy, quiet people are not inclined to approach total strangers for any reason and certainly not to tell them something they likely don't want to hear).

Secondly, two years ago God allowed me to attend the Ambassador's Academy in California through Living Waters ministry. It changed me. I'm not sure I would be evangelizing at all today were it not for the kick start this training provided (click here to check out their website for more information---I highly recommend it).

Thirdly, because of the Ambassador's Academy training I became aware that there is a network of street evangelists throughout America and Canada who are faithful heralds of the gospel. I have been greatly encouraged by their blogs, websites, and e-mails. Their creativity and faithfulness in spreading the gospel spurs me on to "fight the good fight". Here are my favorite evangelism blogs/websites. I encourage you to click on the links and check them out: The Word Street Journal, Proclaiming the Truth, Fish With Trish, and His Feet on the Street.

I pray God will continue to grow me in this area and that the gospel message will be known in all the land.

1 comment:

  1. Dear sister in Christ,

    I think the keyword in this post was "network". The Bible says that "Iron sharpens iron".

    As far as the gospel is concerned, God has used the process of networking for the last two thousand years and it will continue until our Lord and Savior returns.

    God inspired people who in turn inspired others who in turn inspired others, who down the road inspired me, who may have had a part in inspiring you, who you will inspire others...on and on and on. And the spreading of the gospel has been and continues to be on a global scale.

    We thank the Lord for your contributions to the network scene via "Katrina's Musings". May God continue to bless you and keep your heart aflame for Him, His gospel and with ongoing compassion for the lost in your area. You have very unique, creative and effective ways of getting the gospel out to people and it does not go unnoticed.

    Press on in the good fight, Katrina. You're doing a wonderful job! :)

    For God's glory, alone,

    Paul (& Kim)

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...