Monday, May 9, 2011

Cookie Baking Night 05/09/11

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Carissa, Ethan, and Emily. I taught the kids to play Care Bear Dominoes this evening, and they did that while I cleaned up the kitchen from supper. They caught on quick and seemed to have a good time with it. Carrissa dominated the scene with two wins out of four games (she was ready to play several more games if given the chance--I think Care Bear Dominoes is her game).
The cookie this evening was chocolate chocolate chip (a BiG hit with the kids).
We read lesson 46 from Leading Little Ones to Godby Marian Schoolland. It was titled "The Holy Spirit Guided the Disciples". Before we got into the lesson, we had some amazing conversation around the crucifixion of Christ.......a lot of questions from the kids, a lot of thinking going on. Emily read Acts 8:29-39 for us from the Bible.
We ended the evening with several lively rounds of Zingo. And.......as usual......a fun time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 7th treatment of Taxol. I'm over the hump now. Only 5 left to go. Usually I have a couple good days right before I have che...