Monday, March 3, 2014

Cookie Baking Night 03/03/14

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Ethan, Carissa, and Alli.

Tonight, Carissa helped me prepare part of our supper. She made the fruit smoothies.


She cut up the fruit.


She added the fruit and some fruit juice to the blender. 


She blended. (And the fruit smoothies were delicious, I might add). 


Continuing with our fruit theme: For our "cookie" this evening we turned these very ripe bananas (that have been hanging out in my freezer for quite some time) into tasty banana bread (the kids were a little skeptical that those bananas could turn into anything tasty, but I think they came around in the end). Click here to view my favorite banana bread recipe. 





Tonight we also read chapter 9 from Sammy and His Shepherd by Susan Hunt. Chapter 9 is titled "You Anoint My Head With Oil; My Cup Overflows". 
My favorite line from this chapter was this: "Precious pondered all that Sammy had told her about their shepherd. After a while, she turned to Sammy and said: "Since our shepherd bought me, I have been living as if there was only a drop of his love in my cup. And I think I was afraid that the last drop would be gone any minute. I think I'm beginning to understand that my cup will never be empty. It is always overflowing with his love." This statement led to a conversation about Jesus, our Good Shepherd, and his abundant love. 
Again, I recommend checking out this book as it leads to many thoughtful conversations about Jesus. 

Supper (complete with fruit smoothies), banana bread, and a Bible lesson is all we had time for tonight. It was a full evening, and the time went quickly. 
As usual, a fun time was had by all. 

1 comment:

  1. nice reading ,so enjoy the kids, love seeing and hearing about there evening. thank you Katrina for allowing God to do such a great work through you .and sharing it.so enjoyed the through the bible readings..

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 5th chemo session with Taxol. 5 down 7 to go. I'm happy to report it was pretty uneventful as chemo days go. I didn't h...