Monday, June 25, 2012

Cookie Baking Night 06/25/12

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Hmmmm, Emily?
Diana and Carissa joined us for supper when they came to drop off Ethan, then they were heading off to Carissa's soccer practice. Ethan decided to go to soccer practice as well (the thought of visiting with a good friend who had been away last week was too much for him to pass up). So, the three of them joined us for dinner and then off they went (it was fun to have them at dinner).



And then there was one.
Tonight we made berry-rhubarb crisp. Emily cut up the rhubarb and got the recipe together to put in the oven by herself (so grown up).


Since it was just the two of us tonight, we decided to forego the Leading Little Ones to God lesson. Instead, Emily read Proverbs 1 from the Bible, and then we talked about its meaning. 

Emily also helped me with a project I was working on. I needed to sort through some pictures my mom had given me, looking for some baby pictures of my youngest brother. Emily thought this was a very fun project! She sorted through the box looking for mullets, parachute pants, big hair, and big glasses (all of which were plentiful since we were adolescents of the 1980's). She found pictures of her dad, her uncle, and myself that she formed into a pile and requested copies of for future use. She had a grand ol' time. I heard this phrase many times throughout the evening, "Why is everyone dressed so weird?" (I assured Emily that the time will come for her too when the fashion sense of her generation is scrutinized and likely mocked--no matter how "cool" they think they look at the time). 

My brother, Rob, Emily's dad, came to pick her up while we were still sorting the pictures. He got a kick out it as well, and we had some fun reminiscing about the photos. 


 As usual, a fun time was had by all. 

P.S. As you can see by the above photo, the allure of the leopard headband from VBS has not worn off yet. She wore it most of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...