Monday, March 21, 2011

Preparation for Easter

The past several years, I've spent at least the preceding month before Easter focusing on Christ in my daily Bible reading time or in other focused activities around that time (i.e., memorizing Scripture, a specific devotional book).

A couple ideas for you:

  1. This year, a friend and I are memorizing Isaiah 53 during this month leading up to Resurrection Day. John 1 (or a section of it) would be another excellent passage to memorize for this occasion.
  2. Ladies, Nancy Leigh DeMoss (from Revive Our Hearts ministry) is focusing her teaching on the book The Incomparable Christ by J Oswald Sanders over the next month. She recommends getting the book and reading a chapter each day while following along with her teachings on her daily radio broadcast.

What will you do to focus on Christ during this time?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful ideas, Katrina. I will plan on memorizing Isaiah 53 as well (I had that memorized with my CE class a couple years ago so it should come back to me fairly quickly). I will also read through John Piper's book, Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die and Lee Strobel's little booklet, The Case for Easter (subtitle, A Journalist Investigates the Evidence for the Resurrection).
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ideas. Thanks for sharing them, Julie. I'm excited we'll be memorizing the passage during this time as well.

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 7th treatment of Taxol. I'm over the hump now. Only 5 left to go. Usually I have a couple good days right before I have che...