Monday, March 13, 2023

Cookie Baking Night (03/13/2023)

 Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Allison, Rylar, and Abigail.

 

We had two projects going tonight. This coming weekend, we're hosting a family birthday party. We're celebrating several birthdays at one time. I asked each birthday honoree if they had a request of a main dish or treat they would like to see at the birthday party. My mother-in-law, Dee (also known as Grandma Dee to the kids) chose homemade gum drops. They're not hard to make, but they do take a bit of time for all the steps to take place so I've been making the different flavors throughout the week. 
I poured the orange-flavored gum drops into the candy molds right before the kids arrived, and I knew they would be set up enough to work with after supper. 


The kids loved this project. They removed the gum drops from the candy molds, dipped them in sugar, and placed them on a drying rack, so they can dry overnight. 




After we finished that project, we started making our cookie for tonight, Oatmeal Scotchies.


Rylar has been perfecting his egg-cracking skills. He's got it down now. 





Voila! The finished products. Not bad for an evening's work.


We celebrated our accomplishments of the evening with a fun game of Mickey Mouse Uno. (This picture might not be the best representation of the fun we had during this game, but fun was there I promise--even the bird had a good time).  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...