Monday, August 23, 2021

Cookie Baking Night (08/23/2021)


Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. 
Tonight was Allison's Birthday choice. 
She just turned 11 years old.  For supper, she chose spaghetti, French bread, and strawberries. For her "cookie" she chose Chocolate Covered Strawberries. 

\

Papa-Larry (my dad) and Allison are working together to butter the bread and cut the strawberries. 



They were able to chose chocolate or white chocolate to dip the strawberries in. Allison is a chocolate lover, so it is was regular chocolate all the way for her. She and I are kindred spirits in this way. I have a word for white chocolate. I like to call it vanilla. 


The rest of the gang are not as chocolate-inclined as Allison and I, so they chose the white chocolate.



Not sure what was going on here. Looks more like a chocolate covered strawberry conglomeration


After treat making, we walked to the local gas station for a treat and sat outside enjoying the beautiful summer evening. 




We tried a new game tonight called "Scrambled States of America". If you learn geography by playing it that might just happen by accident, but it was definitely a fun game. Allison really liked it. 

As usual a fun time was had by all. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 12th treatment of the Taxol drug, and my last one in this regimen. No more infusion appointments. I am very grateful for that, ...