Saturday, April 14, 2018

Caregiving-She's a Comedian (04/14/2018)

Since chronic urinary tract infections have been such a part of my mom's story for the past 3 years, I find myself in the habit of testing her memory to gauge the situation from time to time. I'm guessing this can be a little on the annoying side when she is feeling well. 

This is how our interaction went this evening at the dinner table. 

Me: "Do you know who I am?"

Mama: "Yeah".

Me: "Who am I"?

Mama: "Well, you're either Robert or John." (those are the names of my two brothers)

Me: "Okay. I see how it is."

Papa-Larry is hearing impaired and didn't catch all of the interaction, so he asked what my mom had said.

Me: "She said she's a Smart Aleck". 

Mama giggled. 

She passed the test. Her memory is sharp tonight and her sense of humor is intact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...