Sunday, December 3, 2017

Caregiving-You Start, I'll Chime In (Prayer) 12/03/2017

My mom has always been a prayer partner in every sense of the word. When you pray with her, you do not pray alone. She interrupts and adds to prayers. She confirms and pleads. She boisterously praises and joyfully claps her hands. She sings and recites Scripture. All this happens alongside, in the middle of, and on top of my prayers.


We have this conversation a lot. "Do you want me to start or do you want to start the prayer?" 
"You start. I'll chime in," she says.  And chime in, she does. 

I suppose this would annoy other people. I've learned to find a rhythm and keep going in the midst of the interruptions. It bothered me at one time, but it doesn't bother me any longer. I'm used to it, and now I enjoy it. I know the day will come when I will miss the "chiming in". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...