Thursday, November 2, 2017

Caregiving-Serving With Joy (11/02/2017)

Not long into this caregiving journey, I made up my mind to carry out my tasks cheerfully. There are times when I don't want to do it. There are times when I'm tired. There are times when there is little cooperation in the process of getting the job done. Those things don't need to make a difference in whether I do the job cheerfully or not. It needs to be done. Being angry and frustrated about it accomplishes nothing productive, so I make the decision to be cheerful in the moment. It's just a few minutes. When the task is done, time marches on, and I can return to whatever task I felt to be important in that moment. I remind myself of this truth often: It is not just about a task. It is about loving another human being, and it's about doing it well. It's about accomplishing the purposes of God for that moment. It's about representing Him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...