Sunday, January 31, 2016

Caregiving-Home Health Care Aide 01/31/16

 My 15-year-old niece, Emily, is more than happy to come over to our house and work odd jobs for money. I do believe I am one of her main sources of income (me and her grandparents). She texted me today and said, "Can I come over sometime this week and work?" That's when inspiration hit me. I decided to hire her as a home health care aide. I've been wanting to do some cleaning in the basement for quite some time but I usually need to stay on the main level of the house to care for Mama. I figured Emily could sit with her grandma and color a picture or talk or watch TV with her while I do some work in the basement. We agreed on a mutually satisfactory fee, and she set to work. 

This ended up being a tremendous help to me. I spent two hours in the basement cleaning our bedroom and another hour doing odd jobs around the house while Mama and Emily hung out together and colored pictures. 

We settled up at the end of the evening, and when I was taking Emily home she said, "You just let me know whenever you want me to come over and color with Grandma again."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...