Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Mother's Day 2015


Happy Mother's Day, Mama! I'm grateful to God for you and I love you!


About my mother: This has been a year of health challenges for my mom. On top of her years-long struggle with diabetes and severe neuropathy the last couple months have brought her a couple UTIs ending in hospitalization and most recently a stroke. 

What has stood out for me this entire time, though, has been her obvious love for Jesus. Even when her mind has struggled for clarity, Scripture has never been far from her lips, able to recite passages of Scripture she learned as a child, always aware that Christ will never leave her or forsake her and clinging to that knowledge. She continues to show me every day what it is like to trust in a faithful God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...