Monday, October 28, 2013

A Weekend With A Niece

Since tonight is an off-night for Cookie Baking Night, I thought it would be a good time to share some pictures from a few weeks ago when my niece, Emily, spent the weekend at our house. 



We busied ourselves with a few projects over our time together. We made Sesame Street Cookies (Elmo and Cookie Monster--only Sesame Street cookie cutters I could find). 

Emily also helped me fill treat bags for Halloween. Halloween is one of the best times of the year to hand out gospel tracts. I used to try to grab some candy and then grab a gospel tract as trick-o-treaters come to the door, but I've found it's easier to have it all in one bag and hand it out that way. (Because I think everything's cuter with a sticker on it, I like to put stickers on the outside of the bags. Emily says "stickers are entirely unnecessary--the kid's are after candy" but she humored me anyway).



I think the cookies turned out pretty cute!


P.S. This is where I will put in a plug for spending time with the adolescents in your life. That 12, 13, 14 year old stage can be a tricky one. Best not to waste an opportunity to find out what they're thinking as well as opportunities to share the gospel message (the good news of Jesus Christ) through the course of everyday life. So, get out there, grab the nearest 12-year-old you know (gently and with permission, of course) and bake some cookies! (or whatever it is you do in your little corner of the world). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...