Friday, January 7, 2011

Evangelism Focus 01/07/11

Tonight I made a quick stop at the grocery store on my way home from work. As I reached the checkout, I could tell my purchase was interrupting an intense conversation between two cashiers (one older and one younger), which seemed to pertain to the personal life of the younger cashier. As I finished my purchase and was preparing to leave, I handed my cashier (the younger one) a gospel tract. She sincerely thanked me. As I was bagging my groceries, she started reading the gospel tract, which usually freaks me out but not in this case because this young lady was so sincere in her interactions with me. As I was leaving with my groceries, another customer was approaching my lane. The cashier put down the gospel tract but made eye contact with me one last time and mouthed the words "thank you".

This interaction was a reminder to me that I do not know the work being done in a heart before I come in contact with them. It is simply my job to proclaim the gospel, and that can easily be done, even in the checkout line at the grocery store, with the use of a gospel tract.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...