Monday, May 8, 2017

Cookie Baking Night 05/08/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. We made peanut butter pretzel bars.


We started by crushing the pretzels. We put them in a plastic bag and used a rolling pin to crush them. 


Next measure out some peanut butter.


Add the powdered sugar. Mix. Spread in a pan. Melt some chocolate to put on top. Throw on a few M&Ms for color. 



And Voila! 


Tonight we made flower-garden pictures. My mom, Clara, spends her days coloring flowers that she uses to minister to others in various ways. One of the ways we used them today was in our pictures. The kids glued the flowers to large pieces of paper and used colored paper or markers to add stems. 



I think they turned out beautifully. It blesses my heart to see the generations coming together here and each glorifying God with what He has given them. 



For our Bible lesson this evening, we once again turned to the book "God's Names" by Sally Michael. Tonight we learned the name Jehovah-Rohi, which means "The Lord My Shepherd". We learned that sheep are not like other animals. They don't protect themselves. They are not leaders. They are followers. They need someone to safely lead them. That is the job of the Shepherd. We also learned that the Bible compares people to sheep and calls Jesus the Good Shepherd. 

We read Psalm 23 together, as it so beautifully illustrates how the Lord is our Shepherd. 

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures. 
He leads me beside still waters. 
He restores my soul.
He leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil, 
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil; 
my cup overflows. 
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life, 
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 


As usual a fun time was had by all, and God's grace abounded. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...