Friday, January 22, 2010

Frightening Friday 1/22/10

Tonight I'm spending the evening with my young friends from church, Abigail, Samuel, and Isaiah. Knowing this would be the case, I went to the mall on Wednesday night this week.

I continued my evangelism efforts with the cross Greg made for me. I sat on the bench for half an hour and read my Bible, looking up to make eye contact as people walked by. I received a few dirty looks, a few smiles, a few whispered conversations as soon as I was out of supposed earshot, and a lot of averting the eyes when I made eye contact. No questions yet, but I'm still hopeful. I was also able to hand out a few tracts as I walked around the mall. I pray God will use my feeble efforts to convict hearts and save souls.



P.S. Greg says if I'm not getting spit at, I'm probably not doing it right. Could be. I'm kind of hoping for an actual question or comment before any spitting starts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina,

    Your 'feeble' efforts are a far cry from the 98 percent of proclaiming Christians who would never step up to the plate for Christ as you so have been doing.

    Any act of obedience to step out in faith with a passionate desire to share the gospel of Jesus with the lost in public places, even at the risk of being labelled 'a fool', is pleasing to the very One who calls you to do it. God does not see that as 'feeble', but beautiful. (See Isaiah 52:7)

    And the fact that you have yet to have someone come right up to you to converse with you does not indicate that your effort is worthless. It means everything to the Lord whom you are obeying.

    We have no idea how or when the Holy Spirit works in the hearts of passersby as they walk by your cross. The cross, in and of itself, is a non-feeble and, therefore, efficient form of witnessing.

    I have been quietly enjoying your musings on your blog. Know you are prayed for.

    Bless on, sister! You're doing a wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Paul. Your words have greatly encouraged me. I am grateful for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...