Monday, June 17, 2024

Cancer Musings (Return to Work)

I have had two weeks off of work to recover from surgery. Thanks be to God, I have recovered well, and I'm feeling well and energetic again. I've never taken more than a week  and a half off of work (for vacation or otherwise) in the 22 years I've been at this company, so it was a new experience for me. 

Through this entire journey, I have been grateful to God for my employer (I work at a medical clinic, training employees how to use our computer system). Administration and fellow coworkers have been so kind, caring, and supportive. I was afforded the luxury of having a temporary employee hired for the two weeks I was away. It was someone who knew my job and did it very well in my absence. This made my return to work today so much easier. 

Though working full time through cancer and treatment has not been an easy road, I do not regret the decision to do so. I have seen a very kind side of humanity through this experience. Our church has recently challenged us to learn a different verse from each book of the Bible every week. Our first verse to memorize was Genesis 1:27, which reminds us that God created human beings, and He created them in His own image. I see that evidence in the people at my work, and I'm grateful for the reminder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I had an appointment with my oncologist to discuss the next chemo treatment. I was diagnosed with breast cancer back in early November...