Friday, July 5, 2024

Cancer Musings (Radiation Treatment #4)

Today was my fourth radiation treatment and the last one for the week. So far, by the grace of God, I have not felt much physical effect from the treatments. My energy has remained the same, but I'm told the side effects might not show up until a couple weeks into treatment. 

The treatments themselves are very short. They last only about 5 minutes. I'm in the office about 30 minutes total for each appointment. Once a week, I meet with a nurse and doctor for an examination and discussion of how the treatments are going. Those appointments last a little longer, about 45 minutes. 

I took the day off of work today. Before my appointment, I met with my friend, Kim, for lunch. She accompanied me to the appointment afterward and waited in the waiting room for me. It was nice to have her there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Today I had an appointment with my oncologist to discuss the next chemo treatment. I was diagnosed with breast cancer back in early November...