Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Cancer Musings (Taxol #11)

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of a challenge for me to eat food, though by the grace of God I was able to do so. I still don't taste much, and I can't smell anything, but God continues to give me the ability to eat because I need to and not just because I want to (the opposite of how I've done it in the past). 

My only appointment today was lab & chemo, and it went well. No reactions, and we were out of there fairly quickly. We're very thankful for that.

This is a busy week of appointments for us. Monday I started Physical Therapy. I qualified for a program they are calling Pre-Hab (preemptive rehabilitative therapy/physical therapy)  . Because I've lost a lot of weight quickly during the chemo process (and lost muscle mass), I am weaker and don't have much stamina. The physical therapy is being recommended to get me stronger before I have surgery. I'm already seeing some improvement in stamina in the short amount of time I've added in some of the recommended exercises. I'll continue with the PT appointments once a week until I have surgery (likely sometime in June). 

Tomorrow, I am scheduled to see the radiation oncologist for a consult. Radiation, which I will have if I choose to go with a lumpectomy as surgery (vs. a mastectomy), is the process I have the most questions about and feel the most unsettled about. Greg will go with me to this appointment. Prayer for us as we prayerfully consider the information and move forward with a decision is appreciated.

I've included a picture below from today's appointment. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 11th treatment of Taxol. Only 1 left to go, and I am grateful! This past week was a bit of a low-energy week for me and more of...