Friday, May 20, 2016

Book Musings (Do More Better) Mission Statements (Household Management)

I'm continuing to work through my experience with reading Do More Better by Tim Challies. To see the rest of the posts on this subject, go to the Labels section on the side bar men of this blog and click on the label "Do More Better". Currently, I'm working through chapter 4 and posting my mission statements for each area of life.

2. Area of Responsibility: Household Management

Mission Statement: To maintain a household that glorifies God both in purpo se and function. 

Explanation: Glorify God in purpose: My goal here is to have my public self match my home self. My aim is to honor God in the words spoken in my home and in the actions taken toward others who live in that home with me and those who enter it. Glorify God in function: My goal here is to maintain a house that prepares my family to enter the outside world, one where our minds can focus on God and not clutter (working on this one), one where more time is spent thinking about who God is than thinking about "Where are my car keys?", one where more time is spent preparing for an eternity of praising God with others than time is spent maintaining our earthly possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Baking Night 06/19/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Emily, Ethan, and Carissa. Smaller crowd tonight, as Cookie Baking Ni...