Thursday, May 19, 2016

Book Musings (Do More Better) Mission Statements (Personal)

In this post, I'm continuing to work through my experience with reading Do More Better by Tim Challies. This is a book on the subject of productivity done to the glory of God. To see the rest of the posts on this subject, go to the Labels section on the side bar men of this blog and click on the label "Do More Better". In chapter 3, the author calls the reader to define your roles and responsibilities in life. Click here to see what I came up with. In chapter 4, the author calls the reader to "state your mission" for each area, complete with a written mission statement for each. Mission statements can be scary and daunting, but Tim Challies did give some guidelines and some examples, so do show that this is a doable assignment and a useful one, I'll spend the next several posts going through the mission statements I came up with for each area and explaining them a bit.

1. Area of Responsibility: Personal

Mission Statement: To love God with my heart, soul, mind, and strength, to bring Him glory and make Him known in all that I do. 

Explanation: I made this statement short and succinct because I know exactly what it means when I read it, but if I were going to write it in a way that would explain it, it would go like this:

To love God with my heart (the seat of my emotions, the core of who I am), with my soul (in the power of the Holy Spirit), with my mind (with my intellect, in a thoughtful and knowledgeable way and with continual study of God's Word), and with my strength (with my physical body and all that it takes to keep this body physically fit and capable of serving God full speed ahead until the day I die). To make bring Him glory and make Him known (to be evangelistic in my daily pursuits, sharing the gospel message with others and bringing glory to God--spreading His fame and giving Him credit) in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Baking Night 09/25/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Tonight we made pumpkin bars.  ...