Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bible Musings (66 in 66 Update)

           

For those of you who may be new to the blog, a couple weeks ago I posted the following information:

"In keeping with our church theme this year of "Diligence" our pastor has challenged the congregation to read all 66 books of the Bible in 66 days. That would be a book a day. I said, "I take that challenge." It starts February 1 and goes through April 7. Though February-April is chock full of events I've already committed myself to participating in and/or completing, I didn't want to miss this opportunity to be in God's Word in a specific way for a specific time with God's people.

I thought as long as I am doing the reading, I might as well post about it too. My plan is to post a few verses a day from each book and perhaps a few of my own thoughts about the experience along the way.

Feel free to read along with me if you'd like."

Today, I thought I'd post a follow up on "66 in 66". If you've been a frequent flyer on the blog, you'll have noticed that I'm posting some verses from each book of the Bible every day under the heading of "Bible Musings." Today is day 20 and we're in the book of Proverbs, and I'm currently caught up and tracking right along. It has been an extreme work of discipline to read a book of the Bible a day as they range from 1 to 150 chapters per book (many of the big books being in the beginning, I might add). I have thoroughly enjoyed it. It has been a lot of fun to see the events unfold from book to book in such short succession. (Often I'm following a "read the Bible in a year plan" which would put me right about Exodus now, mustering my courage to keep plodding through Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy with my mantra being "I will not quit this time"--but with "66 in 66" I was over that hump by day 5 and it's been smooth sailing ever since--okay, there was the "Psalms" hurdle and Isaiah and Jeremiah are coming, but my confidence of completion is high).

What have I learned so far?
  • God does not lie. He is very truthful (He is Truth), and He means what He says. 
  • God knows all things, and He is in control of all circumstances. 
  • God is a faithful God. 
I'll keep you posted on my progress and continued lessons as time progresses. Stay tuned!

(P.S. If you would like to read all of the posts related to the "66 in 66" challenge, click on the "66 in 66" title under the Labels heading on the right-hand side of this blog. And if you want to read them in order, then I recommend starting with the oldest post in that series and work toward the newest). 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Katrina! I am trying to add your blog to my Flipboard on my Kindle. I don't see a rss feed button.

    I am doing 66 in 66 also! I have found the reading to be very good. I usually read on my elliptical. See you tomorrow, Lord-willing.

    ReplyDelete

Cookie Baking Night 12/4/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Tonight was Rylar's birthday choice (he...