Saturday, April 13, 2013

Katrina's Musings (blogs I enjoy)

I wanted to take a few minutes to commend some blogs to you, just "everyday people" blogs with a Biblical focus to them.

First, my young friend Katelyn has a blog called King's Daughter Photography. She often uses her God-given photography skills to paint a Biblical picture, as masterfully done in this particular post, I think. She's a creative young lady who seeks to live for God and use her talents for Him. I think her blog is worth checking out when you have an opportunity.

Secondly, my friend Jenny has a blog called A Book in the Hand. Jenny has a love for reading and often reviews books on her blog. I find her insight extremely helpful in picking out Biblical resources and edifying material. She does a lot of the heavy lifting for us. I highly recommend that you check out her blog.

Thirdly, my friend Charlene (okay, Charlene and I haven't actually met in person but have corresponded through our blogs, she is my "blog friend") has a blog called Lilies in the Valley. Charlene does a great job with posts about her family. She shares about her family through a Biblical lens. Her posts are encouraging, edifying, funny, God-honoring, and Godward pointing. Charlene teaches through her blog as well as shares about her family life. I hope you'll check it out. It's well worth the time.

My personal philosophy on blogs that I follow is that they must be edifying (teaching, instructive, educational) with a Biblical focus or I don't spend my time on them. These three blogs have certainly met that criteria. Check them out when you have an opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thank you so much for mentioning my blog :) I just got on here for the first time in a while and saw it. I love reading your blog too, and you most recent cookie baking post was highly amusing. You probably didn't think so though :) From what I hear all the snow has melted though, so I'm hoping ya'll can start enjoying spring! I miss you

    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete

Cookie Baking Night 08/28/17

Tonight is Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Just the four of us tonight. Clara has taken ill with ...