As promised, I thought I would share a little bit from this past summer.This summer was marked by:
- Three foot surgeries for my mom (and many trips to her home about an hour north of here to help my dad with her care and with meals).
- The flooding of the basement due to a water softener malfunction (followed by reconstruction of the basement, which was done remarkably quickly).
- Greg working away from home most of the summer (including during the basement flood--which affected his office--and the reconstruction project).
- My sister-in-law's almost two-week stay in the hospital due to what is normally considered a routine surgery (gallbladder).
What I learned about God this summer:
- He is sovereign and nothing escapes His notice.
- All things will ultimately be used for His glory.
- He uses trials to bring you closer to Him and to those around you.
- Sometimes God answers prayers through trials.
- God has given me a wonderful husband, and I miss him very much when he is gone.
- God has given me a great love for my family.