Skip to main content

The Long Summer

As promised, I thought I would share a little bit from this past summer.This summer was marked by:
  • Three foot surgeries for my mom (and many trips to her home about an hour north of here to help my dad with her care and with meals). 
  • The flooding of the basement due to a water softener malfunction (followed by reconstruction of the basement, which was done remarkably quickly).
  • Greg working away from home most of the summer (including during the basement flood--which affected his office--and the reconstruction project). 
  • My sister-in-law's almost two-week stay in the hospital due to what is normally considered a routine surgery (gallbladder). 
What I learned about God this summer: 
  • He is sovereign and nothing escapes His notice.
  • All things will ultimately be used for His glory. 
  • He uses trials to bring you closer to Him and to those around you. 
  • Sometimes God answers prayers through trials. 
  • God has given me a wonderful husband, and I miss him very much when he is gone.  
  • God has given me a great love for my family. 

Comments

  1. God looked ahead of my pathway 66 years and gave me this wonderful daughter..what an Awesome God we serve

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment