Friday, August 3, 2012

Galatians and Discipline

I have been been studying the book of Galatians in my personal Bible reading time lately. Normally, I read a few verses, stop and write down a few things, read a few more verses, stop and write, usually making it through a chapter (maybe two) a day. This time around, I have been disciplining myself to read the the entire book of Galatians (only 6 chapters) in one sitting, then write and process the information. I made myself read it through at least three times before I wrote a single note about it. It has been a challenge for me but has opened up my understanding of the book of Galatians. By reading it in its entirety, I have picked up the context of the verses and the theme of the book. I plan to continue studying the book of Galatians through the end of this month (so stay tuned for more thoughts on it).

I encourage you to pick a small book of the Bible (to start), read through the whole thing for a few days in a row and see how it opens up your understanding of that book (so fun!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katrina,

    I've heard that studying in this way is much better than stopping to analyze and look up words as you read (which is my habit). I think that's why it's better to memorize whole chapters of the Bible instead of one or two verses. You've encouraged me to give this a try--and it will certainly be a challenge to read through without stopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlene,
    Let me know how it goes. I think you'll really enjoy how it increases your understanding of the book.

    ReplyDelete

Cookie Baking Night 12/4/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Tonight was Rylar's birthday choice (he...