Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Everyday Evangelism

The Lord allowed me the opportunity to hand out gospel tracts in the course of running errands this week, so I thought I would share them with you.

On Monday, I made a trip to the grocery store on my lunch break to pick up just a couple items I needed for "Cookie Baking" that evening. As I was in line, an elderly woman came up to the checkout looking for her keys. She had lost them and wasn't able to find them. She was pretty distraught over the situation (as you may imagine). I offered to give her a ride home so she could grab a spare set of keys. She lived just a couple miles from the store. We talked a bit on the way home and "religion" came up a few times (she was convinced I was her guardian angel). As I dropped her off at her apartment, I said, "I perceive you to be a religious woman. I'm a Christian woman, myself. I want to give you this gospel tract that I wrote." She accepted it with glee, thanked me, and was on her way.

This evening, I was in Aldi (grocery store) and a woman struck up a conversation with me in the baking aisle. She was very friendly, and through the course of the conversation revealed that her husband had been in the hospital for a couple of months (I believe) as the result of a household accident. He had been burning some tree limbs in the yard and caught his clothes on fire, which resulted in third degree burns to his leg. As she ended her conversation with me she said, "So pray for my husband. He really needs it." (Prayer hadn't come up any other time in this conversation). I said, "I will." I ran into her a short distance later, asked her name and said, "I will be praying for you and your husband. I'd like to give you this gospel tract. I wrote it myself, and I have a blog, the address is on back." She accepted it, thanked me, and reminded me one more time to pray for her husband (his name is Bill, if you'd like to join me in this effort).

I share these stories just as a reminder that God allows us many opportunities to share the gospel (in one form or another) in the course of our daily lives, if we simply keep our eyes open for them and apply just "a little bit" of boldness (and I mean, just a little bit; this was by no means the height of boldness as activities go).

Please pray for Kathryn and Dorrie, as they've both received the good news of the gospel in their hands this week.

P.S. I was also reminded, when talking to Dorrie this evening, how life as you know it can change in an instant. Another good reason to share the gospel as often as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Baking Night 12/4/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Tonight was Rylar's birthday choice (he...