Skip to main content

Attitudes of a Transformed Heart

I am currently in a discipleship book study with another woman and we are reading Attitudes of a Transformed Heart by Martha Peace. I highly recommend this book for discipling a new Christian or for using in a Bible Study. This book covers the basics and moves up to more complex ideas covering Our Attitudes about God, Our Attitudes About Man, The Psychologized Man, The Holiness of God, God's Holy Standards, Biblical Doctrine, Application of Doctrine, etc. Each section ends in a series of questions that reiterates and reinforces the teaching of that chapter. It is saturated with Scripture. This book is written by a woman (and probably for women), but I have found nothing so far that is geared exclusively toward women (other than the girly cover of the book). This book (or sections of it) could easily be used in a men's study as well. Men, I encourage you to check it out too.

One thing I appreciate about the book is that it takes the time to explain the gospel and gives worksheets at the back of the book (and instructs you to stop and fill out after specific sections) that work through the concept of salvation (Who is Jesus?, What Jesus Did on the Cross, What Does the Bible Teach About Sin?) These worksheets can also be found on the Martha Peace website. You can click here to download them. They are free for the sharing, and you are encouraged to do so.

Again, if you're looking for a good discipleship book, consider this one. At the very least, pick up a copy to have on your bookshelf as a resource.

I've heard Martha Peace speak in person a few times. She is a Biblical counselor and has written several books. At the last event I attended, she said (about "Attitudes of a Transformed Heart") "If I could write only one book, this is the one I would want it to be." It is the first book of hers that I have read, and I have not been disappointed.

Comments

  1. God saved me when I was reading through Martha Pearce's book, The Excellent Wife. I didn't know about this book but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment