Saturday, December 3, 2011

Housekeeping

Just a few blog "housekeeping" items today:

  • Labels-I wanted to mention the "Labels" section of this blog (found on the bottom right hand side of the page). I label most blog entries with a word that describes what that particular post is about, i.e., Cookie Baking Night, Evangelism, etc. If you're looking for a post on a particular subject, you can go to the "Labels" section, click on the subject of interest, and it will bring up all the posts on that subject.
  • Book Club Wednesday-In 2012, I plan to read missionary biographies/autobiographies and blog about them on "Book Club Wednesday". I already have a few in mind, but would be interested in your input as well. If anyone has a missionary biography suggestion, please weigh in with your opinion in the comments section of this post.

1 comment:

  1. Right now I'm reading "A Chance to Die" by Elisabeth Elliot. It is the story of Amy Charmichael. It's good.

    "Faithful Women & Their Extraordinary God" by Noel Piper gives the biography of five women - Sarah Edwards (maybe not technically a missionary), Lilias Trotter, Gladys Aylward, Esther Ahn Kim and Helen Roseveare. What I like about this book is that she spends a couple of pages with each women summarizing what she learned from their lives. I found this a helpful example of application with a biography.

    "Behind the Veils of Yemen." I did a review of it on my blog. You can borrow it if you like (the B. family has it right now).

    I'm interested to hear what you end up picking.

    ReplyDelete

Cookie Baking Night 09/25/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Tonight we made pumpkin bars.  ...