Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sanctification Week

I have dubbed this past week "Sanctification Week". I was in charge of organizing a charity fundraiser event at work the same week I was in charge of organizing our church booth at a local town festival. Nothing brings out the "flesh" like deadlines and working with people (most of the trouble, I find, starts in my own home, usually in my own heart). Grateful this week for the Holy Spirit, Scripture, and my husband (and probably in that order).

Here's some of the Scripture I leaned on this week:

As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct. 1 Peter 1:14-15

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful. It does not rejoice at wrong doing but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4-6

And because of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:30-31

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:3

... asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. Colossians 1:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 5th chemo session with Taxol. 5 down 7 to go. I'm happy to report it was pretty uneventful as chemo days go. I didn't h...