Thursday, September 1, 2011

Review, Review, Review

About a year ago, I started memorizing large passages of Scripture and was able to do it pretty quickly. What I enjoy about memorizing Scripture is that the memorization process and practice allows you to meditate on God's Word.

I have found, however, that memorized Scripture does not stay in your head without the discipline of reviewing it, often. To help myself with the reviewing process, I have placed the cards I used to memorize the Bible strategically around the house in areas where I know I will stop and stay for awhile (such as the kitchen counter, the sink where I get ready in the morning, etc). As I'm working in the kitchen or getting ready in the morning, I review the Scriptures I've already memorized to keep them at the forefront of my mind.

How do you memorize and review? Please share your tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today was my 5th chemo session with Taxol. 5 down 7 to go. I'm happy to report it was pretty uneventful as chemo days go. I didn't h...