Saturday, July 30, 2011

Prayer Cards

Perhaps you've heard this quote from Martin Luther before:

"I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer."
— Martin Luther

I am becoming increasingly convinced of the validity of that statement. There are so many things to pray about, and they can get pushed to the back of my mind, put on a mental "to do" list after quickly uttering the words "I'll pray for you" or after realizing my "smallness" and God's "bigness" and that it is the only logical course of action in any situation.

To bring these requests to the front of my mind I have started writing out prayer cards. On a 3x5 card I write out prayer subject matter (usually just one word like a name or a small sentence such as "spiritual growth" that reminds me what I'm praying for in that particular situation). I tape the cards to a notebook, write scriptures next to the cards as they come to mind, and bring out the book when I go to the Lord in a concentrated time of prayer. I find it helpful in focusing on and remembering all that I want to pray about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Baking Night 12/4/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Tonight was Rylar's birthday choice (he...