Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Workplace Musings 02/01/11

Recently I was listening to a podcast with special speaker Carolyn McCulley. She said this:

"If you really want to affect an unbeliever, you humble yourself. An unbeliever can see your sin as clearly, if not more clearly, than you can. But a watching world does not often hear people say, 'I'm sorry. I was selfish. Please forgive me.' You're going to affect people by your humility."

I have found this to be true in the workplace. One word of caution here: If your evangelism plan is "I will show them how humble I am, and they will want to be a Christian", you've already blown it. That is not humility. When God is humbling you in the workplace, and you respond in obedience, you will know it, and so will your coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Baking Night 07/31/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Ethan, Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo (and Larry, Clara, and Greg). Tonight ...