Here's an excerpt from the end of this chapter (pages 54 & 55):
Recognize your situation. As a church kid, you face the danger of failing to appreciate the grace of God in your life. Guard against growing familiar with your salvation. Resist the temptation to wrongly view your sin as little. Instead, glory in your salvation and view each and every one of your sins as offensive to your holy God.
What can we do if we want to grow in our appreciation for the grace of God? Here are seven tips to consider:
- Study the holiness of God.
- See your sinfulness in light of God's holiness.
- Learn more about God's wrath--his just response to sin.
- Think deeply and often about Jesus' death on the cross.
- Study the doctrine of justification--forgiven and declared righteous.
- Sing great songs that focus on the grace of God.
(The author explains each point in detail. I highly recommend reading this book for further study on the matter).
The author ends the chapter with "questions for reflection and discussion". I will leave you with one of the questions and invite to you respond via the comments section on this blog.
Q: Who is one person you know who is clearly amazed at the grace of God in his or her life? How do you see it evidenced in that person's life?