Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Workplace Musings 01/18/11

For those who think that people are basically good, I have an empirical test for you.

1. Purchase a candy jar.
2. Fill it with candy.
3. Bring it to your place of employment.
4. Wait for the sin natures to show up (this should only take a couple days, at the most).

Nothing brings out the sin nature like the candy jar. You will see it manifest itself (both in you and your coworkers) in the following ways: greed, selfishness, deceit, judgmentalism, frustration, impatience, discontentment, unthankfulness, lack of self-control--to name a few.

People are basically good. Huh! I say. Bring out the candy jar, and we'll see. (Present company included).

1 comment:

  1. So true! In the office I worked the receptionist had a candy jar and when it was empty or filled with the wrong candy...yikes!...watch out!

    And while I didn't sin for every one to see, I certainly did in my heart. How dare she stop buying chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Cookie Baking Night 07/31/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Ethan, Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo (and Larry, Clara, and Greg). Tonight ...