Monday, January 10, 2011

Cookie Baking Night Resources

Tonight is an off-night in Cookie Baking world, so I thought I would share with you a few of the resources that allow me to add some structure to Cookie Baking Night.

If you've been reading this blog on an ongoing basis, you'll know I am a fan of the book Leading Little Ones to God by Marian Schoolland. It could be called a systematic theology for children. On Cookie Baking Nights, we read one lesson and have been doing this for a couple years now. We're up to lesson 40 (84 lessons in all). As the children have grown and started reading, they join in by reading the Scripture verses assigned to that evening's lesson. Each lesson is one to two pages long. I highly recommend this book if you have young children in your life.




We have also been working through Josh McDowell's curriculum for children Is the Bible Personally From God? I like this material because it has worksheets that accompany it. There are several worksheets provided per lesson, so it allows me to pick and choose which one would fit us best. The kids have been enjoying this material as well.



Recently I purchased the book 365 Things to Make and Do, an Usborne Activities book. It has a ton of great art projects in it. I plan to pick a few projects, purchase the materials, and try a few of them in the year to come. I know the kids will have a great time with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Baking Night 07/31/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Ethan, Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo (and Larry, Clara, and Greg). Tonight ...