Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Workplace Musings 12/07/10

Last week, I had the entire week off of work. I thoroughly enjoyed the time off and was very thankful for it. At the beginning of the week, I purposed in my heart to be grateful for every minute of it and to spend no time bemoaning the fact that it was coming to an end (as would be my usual course of action toward the end of a week of vacation time). As I continue to read God's Word and the Holy Spirit convicts me of sinful actions in my life, I am very aware that each time I am discontent in my circumstances, I am being ungrateful to God. It is a slap in the face of God's sovereignty to be discontent in my present circumstances, as all circumstances are used in my life to mold me into the image of Christ.

As the Bible states in the book of Romans: "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers." Romans 8:28-29 (ESV)

Back at work this week, rested and grateful to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Baking Night 07/31/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Ethan, Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo (and Larry, Clara, and Greg). Tonight ...