Thursday, November 11, 2010

This Blog

As promised last week, I'm going to spend this post blogging about blogging. I often ask myself why I blog. I am constantly examining my motives, and I spend time praying about it. A blog can easily become a source of pride in one's life, and it can become a consuming focus, both of which I would like to avoid.

In this post, I will seek to define the goal and purpose of this blog.

I've never sought to blog daily, but I've set my goal at having a blog post for every day of the week (except Sunday), and I hit that mark most of the time.

I don't have a blog about photography or theology or cooking or organizing or reading or evangelism, though you will see a bit of all of those elements appear on this blog from time to time. My blog has always been and will remain about living the consistent Christian life. This blog exists for the same reason I do, to glorify God. If I were going to give this blog a theme, I guess it would be consistency. Consistency would be a boring topic to blog about, I suppose, because you would need to say the same things over and over in order to remain consistent. Instead of blogging about it, I seek to model it in consistent posts on similar topics. You will see many everyday type of topics appear on this blog because I seek to bring every area of life under the scrutiny of God's Word. I try to keep my thoughts to a minimum on this blog and God's Word and precepts a central focus.

With the above in mind, I will be making a few changes to the structure of this blog to allow me to remain consistent in my posts and my posting. As I prepare for this change, you will see a decrease in posts for about a week. Stayed tuned for a schedule of the changes.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Baking Night 07/31/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Ethan, Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo (and Larry, Clara, and Greg). Tonight ...