Friday, October 1, 2010

Evangelism Focus 10/01/10

For my evangelism focus this evening I'd like to share with you a video from Paul Latour at The Word Street Journal blog. This is a video montage of Paul and Kim's witnessing efforts on the weekends. I am so appreciative that Paul documents some of what he does in the area of evangelism (I'm sure there is much that is not captured by camera) and shares it on his blog. I've learned a lot through his and his wife's ministry.

As a background song for this video he used "Asleep in the Light" by Keith Green. When I'm at large events or when I'm spending the evening out in the community sharing the gospel, I often think of the first two lines of this song--it's a bit of a one-two punch, pretty convicting. When those words echo in my head it helps me to think of the crowd as people and not just another crowd.

Do you see, do you see
All the people sinking down
Don't you care, don't you care
Are you gonna let them drown?

How can you be so numb
Not to care if they come
You close your eyes
And pretend the job's done



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Baking Night 07/31/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Ethan, Carissa, Allison, Rylar, and Enzo (and Larry, Clara, and Greg). Tonight ...