Monday, October 18, 2010

Candle Making 101


No Cookie Baking tonight--it's an off week. So, I thought I'd share with you a story and some pictures from a few weeks ago. Emily spent the night at our house on the weekend. After I picked her up, as we were driving back to my house, she reached into her bag and pulled out a candle making kit. She said, "I thought maybe we would like to try this tonight." A few weeks earlier she had discovered that I happen to be the owner of a double boiler. She stored that information away for such an occasion as this remembering that her candle making kit required the use of a double boiler.

I had already scheduled a pretty busy evening for us, but we managed to squeeze in the making of one candle (a surprise for Grandma Clara---which is why I have not written about it until now---I was sworn to secrecy until she gave the candle to grandma, and that happened last weekend---I believe the specific words used were, "Katrina, you're taking pictures of this? Don't put this on your blog yet--you'll ruin the surprise." Apparently, she's on to me about the blogging).

We had a fun time and learned a few things along the way. I see a few more
candle making sessions in our future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cookie Baking Night 09/25/17

Tonight was Cookie Baking Night. In attendance this evening: Allison, Rylar, and Enzo. Tonight we made pumpkin bars.  ...